Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Joeys 25th B-day & 4th of July

Joeys birthday is July 2nd, so we had a good ol' time celebrating that along with the 4th of July. This year we went up to the house in Parowan Utah with Joeys parents, we had so much fun, here are some of our pictures.



The next morning we took Jackson fishing for the first time. He had a good time but mostly he just wanted to put his cheetos in the dirt and eat them. He is so silly.



That night went to the fair grounds in Parowan and watched the fireworks show that they put on. It was a really good show that lasted 45 minutes, I was impressed and Jackson loved the fireworks. He was so tired and barely could keep his eyes open but he didn't want to miss a thing. so cute!

On the 4th of July we went to Cedar in the morning while the boys went golfing, got to see the end of the parade and found a new quilt shop that is way cute. Then we came back to Parowan and just relaxed in the backyard. Jackson had a blast crawling around in the grass, playing with a wooden spoon, helping grammy hang out the clothes, and practicing his walking by pushing the laundry basket around. The weather was beautiful and it was so nice to just relax in the backyard in the hammock reading my book.

A week before the 4th Jackson was in a parade with his cousins, all the kids looked so cute in their 4th of July attire.
For Joey's birthday with my family we had a BBQ and went swimming at my mom and dads the weekend before. On his actually birthday I surprised him with my parents and Kimmie and Dax showing up to our house after we got home from work to stay and watch Jackson while we went to dinner just the two of us. We went to Brio in Town Square and went to a couple of shops afterwards, it was fun just the two of us.

22 comments:

Jill & Seth said...

Oh Happy Birthday Joey!! I didn't know your birthday was the same as Ethan's. We missed you on the fourth, but it looks like you had an awesome holiday!

Amanda said...

What a fun trip...I totally miss the Cedar City 4th of July Parade. Love that about small towns!!!

Kara said...

Jackson is such a lover boy. He couldn't be any cuter! Looks like you had fun for joey's b-day, and the fourth. We should have met up in cedar on the fourth. How funny we were both there!

Tricia G said...

Jackson is so cute. I don't think I've seen a bad picture of him. Carter has those same Fire Engine Jammies. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

Jill & Seth said...

I remember the very first time we ever hung out. Joey had just got off his mission and we went with Bryan and Kim to dinner at the Grand Lux (you had chicken fingers) and then we went to Celine Dion (sp?). I remember laughing so hard in the concert too. And them you guys gave us a ride back to our car. I remember thinking you were really cute. :)

Anonymous said...

Jackson is getting so big! I swear he is the spitting image of his Dad! happy birthday joey! I love the Motts! Looks like you guys had fun!

Lenzi said...

I love baby Jackson! He is so friggin vute, I can't believe how big he has gotten just since I saw him! You guys are too cute...oh and happy birhtday Joey! Looks like you had fun up in good ol' parowan :) Love ur guts!

Lenzi said...

Oh, just a little PS.. even if Jackson TRIED, he could NEVER take a bad picture! It's impossible when you are that perfect!

Rachel said...

I love fireworks shows. We couldn't seem to find a good one this year. I think small towns always put on the best ones, so since we were in Vegas this year we didn't know what to do. Happy b-day to Joey. Jackson coulnd't look any more like him. Boy is he a cutie! You'll have to tell me when you work so that we can do stuff on your off days. We've got to get our boys together. Love ya!

Heather said...

I love the picture of Jackson in the laundry basket!

Rachel said...

I can't believe how big Jackson is! He is growing up so fast. It's so crazy how that happens. He is so dang cute.

Brad and Leslie said...

Happy late B-Day Joey! My son turned 6 on July 2nd - you two studs have the same birthday. It's a good thing Jackson is such a cutie pie - when he does start to run around he's gonna need all that cuteness to make up for the bruises he will have on his face. Oh yes - it WILL happen! I don't think I have any pics of T-Bone without a bruise on his forehead when he was a year old! Les

Take me as I am said...

happy late birthday Joey

Aivaz Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

What a stinkin' cute boy you have! He's adorable!! It sounds like you guys had a great time.

Emily said...

What a stinkin' cute boy you have! He's adorable!! It sounds like you guys had a great time.

Tiffany said...

My little Ty has that same shirt as Jackson! He is such a cute boy! Tell everyone hello!

The Johnson Five said...

I HAVEN'T SEEN THOSE PICS YET!! SO CUTE...MY LITTLE BOOGER BUTT GETS CUTER AND CUTER BY THE MINUTE! NEXT TIME..ME, A, AND CHLOE ARE GOING!! CAN'T WAIT FOR OUR FUN WEEKEND OF EATING! HA..HA..YAH! LOVE YOUR GUTS!

Melissa and Paul said...

Happy birthday!!!

Just wanted to let you guys know that we made our blog private. please email me you email address and i'll send you sn invite to still be able to read up on our family

m3jr8@juno.com

Melissa Brown said...

Oh my goodness! How crazy to have found your blog! This is Melissa (Ward) Brown! You guys look great and your little guy is very cute. I love his name. Check out our blog sometime... it's melissaandadam.blogspot.com
We live in Arizona and have two kids. Carter is two and Allison is almost 1 one old. Hope you guys are well :)

Travis and Ashlee said...

Ya this blogging thing is really kinda cool. My sister has been trying to get me to do it forever!! Your little boy is so stinking cute. Thats great that your in law school. So exciting. It's great to have found you and your family!! It is really nice to be able to keep in touch this way.

Suzanne said...

Okay this comment has nothing to do with this post but a past post....I was looking at some of your posts from Christmas, and noticed how adorable your house was. The molding on the ceiling...where did you get that? Was it expensive? Did Joey put it in? I am looking for upgrades for our condo. What is your email address? Thanks Andrea!