Monday, February 18, 2008

OUCH!!!



Okay, so I am the biggest dork in the world. This morning I was coming down the stairs to get ready for work with Jackson in my arms, and on the last step I came down on my foot wrong and I went down!! I wrapped my arms around Jackson and cushioned his fall, but I heard my ankle pop and crack. I started screaming and crying and Joey flew out of bed and came flying down the stairs. I was more worried about Jackson though, he was crying cause he was scared because I was screaming. He calmed down quickly with papa holding him. I really couldn't move my ankle too much and it wasn't swelling so we were worried that it might be broken. Karen took me to the doctor and I didn't break it--thank goodness, but I did tear two ligaments and it was starting to swell. The doctor said it will just have to heal on its own within two weeks with a ankle brace and crutches, and a lot of pain. So, I am at home just laying around, I can't believe I did this, I feel so stupid, and mad at myself. I don't even have a good story to tell with my bummed foot, like I was playing a really cool sport and I made the winning point right before slipping and spraining my ankle, or running through the mall trying to get to a store for a killer good sale, and while mowing down some woman to get the last pair of shoes on clearance I sprain my ankle. Now that would be a cool story to tell, but no not me just my gimpy self stumbling off the last step of my stairs, like a big fat dork!! I have to look at it this way though I am just so grateful it is was me and not Jackson!

9 comments:

Cherine said...

I am soooo sorry. I did the same thing with Michael. But I didn't tear anything. I hope you get feelin better soon!

Rachel said...

You know how many times I have fallen like an idiot down the stairs? Sometimes those things can be way slippery too. I love your cankle! That really sucks though. I can't even tell you how many times Adam has sprained his ankles playing basketball, and it usually takes him a couple weeks before he can walk. Hope you feel better!

Missy said...

Ooh, that looks so sore! I hope it heals quickly and I'm glad Jackson is still tiny so you had a good hold on him!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! Ok this past weekend I fell down the stairs with Talan in my arms. I cushioned his fall too and he is fine! But I am black and blue all up my leg! I didnt get as hurt as you.. I am so sorry! The funny thing is Tony kept telling Talan all weekend that his Mommy threw him down the stairs and that he will have to remind him of this when he is old enough to understand!

Amanda said...

How scary... I'm glad it didn't break. Take care of yourself!!!

Kyson and Kodi said...

Andrea I am so sorry to hear about your ankle that really stinks. I am glad Jackson is okay. Make sure you let it rest and heal before over doing it. I think Karen was the one asking: she wanted to know about the puppies, but we are going to sell all of them I can't have another dog with the baby coming I would loose my mind for sure. It will be hard though this batch is cuter that last batch.
Kodi

Margene said...

Dang, what a way to not go to work, so thankful that your both ok, I have fallen down stairs when my kids were small also and we do protect our babies. Take care and heal quickly, your in my prayers.

Wynd said...

Please let me know if you need anything! Get lots of rest, and enjoy being at home a little more? Love ya!

Tricia G said...

That is so scary! My biggest fear is falling down the stairs. I've almost done that more than once. Glad you guys are okay though!